About this position...
While carrying a half of a caseload , learn to transcend beyond casework responsibilities toward an understanding of and participation in administrative functioning. Conduit to Program Coordinator office concerns, office suggestions, employee issues, as well as other administrative issues as they arise. Specified activities within the Second in Command job description are detailed as follows: Observe two and complete a minimum of four Resource Parent re-evaluations per year. Plan and conduct two staff meetings including 1 hour of training. Review ISP and Quarterly reports/policies and pass to the Regional/State Director when the Program Coordinator is absent. Perform all duties listed on Position Description of PC when PC is absent (except for supervision). Serve as Master of ceremonies for two Resource Parent Trainings per year. Suggest in writing to PC at least four viable procedural changes to facilitate work flow. Supervise 1 non-clinical staff member. Perform and oversee in-service training for two new staff per year. Attend leadership development training.
Our ideal candidate:
- MSW or related human services degree
- Prior child welfare experience a plus
- Able to obtain appropriate child abuse clearance and criminal record check
- Competent and caring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Valid driver's license with properly registered and insured automobile